So as I stated in my last post Learning to code, you will understand I plan on writing my trials and tribulations in the process. So I am learning PHP via code academy as I love PHP and it’s a great starting point.
I will be exploring a few options here and giving my tips on working with and getting started from my point of view various cloud platforms, programming tools and just pure head aches in learning to program.
This is something that opens up more worms then a bait shop, there are so many ways to get started with cloud programing. We will dive deeper into some cloud options in later posts but I will say I am truly inspired sharing my journey with everyone.
Some cloud options we will be exploring more will be:
- Cloud Foundry – is an open platform as a service, providing a choice of clouds, developer frameworks and application services. Under Pivotal
- AWS -Amazon Web Services offers a complete set of infrastructure and application services that enable you to run virtually everything in the cloud: from enterprise applications and big data projects to social games and mobile apps.
- Google Cloud – Google Cloud Platform lets you build applications and websites, store data, and analyze data on Google’s infrastructure
- Windows Azure – Windows Azure is an open and flexible cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters.
What is programming without tools. Here I will showcase the tools or websites that I use on my journey.
- Wavemaker – WaveMaker is a rapid application development environment for building, maintaining and modernizing business-critical Web 2.0 applications.
- Adobe Flex – Flex is a highly productive, open source application framework for building and maintaining expressive web applications that deploy consistently on all major browsers, desktops, and devices.
- Conduit Mobile -At Conduit Mobile, we’ve created an easy way for you to engage your users wherever they are. Our simple, yet powerful cloud-based mobile platform is built to meet the demands of the ever-evolving mobile world, giving you the tools you need to build a community for your brand, connect with your fans, manage your mobile user base easily and effectively, and always stay one step ahead.
- App Inventor Google – Creating an App Inventor app begins in your browser, where you design how the app will look. Then, like fitting together puzzle pieces, you set your app’s behavior.
- Dreamweaver – Develop more web content, more quickly. A streamlined user interface, connected tools, and new visual CSS editing tools let you code efficiently and intuitively.
So I was looking for some WYSiWyG (What You See Is What You Get) editor that might make it easier and came across Wavemaker. Now understand that it was around 0230am when I came across this. So I start to research it some and I come to find out it was acquired by VMware in 2011 and as of May 2013 sold off to Pramati. I had no idea for two years VMware was sitting on this tool. I like how it is compatible with multiple operating systems, and I will get familiar with it during my journey.
I want to learn more and where better to explore these options then right on here. I know there are others looking to get into programming in some form and hopefully my journey will help them and make it easier for them. I have a wide range of tools from easy to use mobile builders to mainstream tools. I will post all tools I use and follow along post or two on each as I get familiar with this new world.
Posted in Tech Tagged with: adobe, Advice, amazon, azure, Cloud, cloud foundry, dreamweaver, flex, Microsoft, php, programming, Tech, Technology, Virtualization, VMware, was, web application