Last week Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced HPE Verity. Now I work for HPE in the business unit and am responsible for the social media. To me it is exciting to see the behind the scenes of what happens when you are launching a product or an update with new features, to be able to finally talk about something you have known about for months. Today is that day I get to talk to you about HPE Verity.
What is HPE Verity?
HPE Verity is a next-generation, unified IM&G framework that provides a single source of truth
- Information management & governance applications and services are integrated within a common framework.
- Built on a SaaS architecture it can be deployed in virtually any geography to support data sovereignty requirements
- With native, in-place analytics information is not moved from application to application but is available directly within Verity
HPE Verity’s set of applications and services will uniquely help organizations comprehensively manage, govern, and extract actionable insights from enterprise information.
So really what you are looking at is the start of what HPE is touting it’s Next-Gen Information and Governance framework, the stepping stone to many new products. Now working for the group I have insider knowledge and the greater vision but I like paying my bills so I will only talk about what I can when I can.
In a session during HPE Discover the company’s Semi-annual conference David Jones and Stephen Spellicy gave folks a closer look at HPE Verity. You can read a recap of that session here
I am excited for for is to come! I will also be writing some more posts hopefully on here on some of the things I am learning about in the information governance space. I am going to stop here now as I want to write up a quick day one recap of HPE Discover from Las Vegas.
I would also like to note I wrote this on my own as HPE is my employer this is my blog and any writing on here is solely my own opinion or that of any guest writers.
Posted in Tech Tagged with: Cloud, Data, HPE, HPE Discover, HPE Verity, Info, Information Governance, Information Management, Recommend, Storage, Tech, Technology
I travel to Las Vegas almost every year for a conference or two or three at times, I have been there many times and thought with HPE Discover going on right now I would write quick note on the Top 5 things I do when I go to Las Vegas.
Top 5 things to do in Las Vegas.
- Eat great food!
- I always make a visit to Grand Luxe Cafe in the Venetian Hotel and Casino. One thing that has me addicted to this place? I go for the Buffalo Chicken Rolls – They are on the Appetizer menu. These delicious must eat buffalo chicken treats are made with buffalo chicken, cheese rolled in like an egg roll wrapper and are nice and crispy. They are so good I eat these multiple times! Also note this place is great for an early morning/ late night food fuel up after being out in Las Vegas after hours scene.
- Hash House a go go – This place is unique and oh the food is oh so yummy! I have gotten the Sage Fried Chicken and waffles and
- Buffet – You have to eat at atleast one buffet while in Vegas. I found that I like the Buffet at the Rio and Wynn the best.
- Steak – One of my favorite places to get steak is Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak House located in the Mirage. I always get the Filet and Duck fat fries!
- Burgers – I heart burgers in Venetian/ Palazzo
- Circle Bar – Palazzo Casino – This is great for meeting spot and to have a night cap or two followed up with food from Grand Luxe.
- PoolSide – You have to take some time and enjoy the many pools located out in Las Vegas. I enjoy just soaking in the rays of the Mirage pool or in the Venetian. Now there are some Toptional pools if that is something you are into. Just set some time during your stay to enjoy the water
- NYNY Casino Hotel Roller Coaster – I love this ride, I usually stay on the strip so it’s not to far for me to walk too or I can take a quick cab ride to it.
- Strip Hotel shows – These are the free shows they put on at night from Mirage, Treasure Island, Belliago. They can get crowded but usually run atleast every hour. Just keep an eye on your personal items and watch for pick pocketing.
- People Watching – I love to just stroll the strip and watch the people, even just sitting in the Casinos and watching all the people that go by.
I understand there is a lot of things to do besides this small list but After a night of partying or a Long conference day having some food, and good laughs is the best medicine.
I hope you like my list as these are some of my favorite things to do. I was not compensated for mentioning any of the establishments, i just really like the food or services. Enjoy Las Vegas!
Posted in Lifestyle Tagged with: Advice, Community, HPE Discover, Las Vegas, Recommend, social, Social Media, Social Networking, Tech, Technology, Top 5